‘Whenever you think you have a good idea, Rachel takes it to the next level. Her ability to think big and her drive to achieve excellence makes her an inspirational person to work with. Mediocrity is not part of her vocabulary.
What I admire most about Rachel is her insatiable appetite for learning. Whether she’s learning a new web platform (WordPress), a new language (Hindi) or a new academic discipline (Behavioral Economics), her reflective and introspective nature continues to drive her personal and professional growth. It’s been a privilege to have worked with Rachel and given the opportunity, I would work with her again in a heartbeat’.
Tina Santiago, former colleague @ICAEW, now User Experience Designer, Hot Studio, San Francisco.
What has she done?
- I lead social innovation: One of 4 co-founders of The Finance Innovation Lab, designed to create a financial system that sustains people and planet (with WWF-UK) named one of ’50 New Radicals changing the UK for the better’ by The Observer & NESTA and featured in Forbes.
- I lead a social entrepreneurship incubator: Co-founder of UnLtd* Future, designed to accelerate business models for people, planet & profit.
- I facilitate: On the Sharing Economy, The Social Banking Summer School and on archetypes in the social capital market at SOCAP 2012 using Art of Hosting methodology.
- I sit on and take part in working groups: Invited on the European Commission Expert Group on Social Business and a part of a Criterion Ventures convened group on shaping new market systems.
- I speak at conferences: At SOCAP 2011 and Acumen Fund in San Francisco and CSR Lebanon in Beirut amongst others.
- I host international coalitions: Helped found The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity for Business Coalition launched in 2011 with UNEP and others.
Awards & Associations
- THNK the Amsterdam School of Creative Leadership Post-graduate, 18 month, part-time program, Creative Leadership
- Short course in Behavioural Economics 2010, London School of Economics and Political Science
- MA in Marketing, Kingston Business School, Distinction, prize for best dissertation in the year
- BA Psychology 2:1, The University of Manchester
Ask Rachel About...
- Systems change
- Hosting participatory process
- Culture Change
- Mapping the system
- Women in Leadership
- The financial system
- Social Finance
- Complementary Currencies
- The Sharing Economy
- Bollywood dancing