Ella advises NGOs, donors and governments on strategic philanthropy, public policy and social change, with a particular focus on the environment. She also writes stories. Her first feature script, The Kabul Grand, won silver prize in the 2011 Euroscript Screen Story competition. She is represented by The Agency. Her journalism can be found in The Financial Times, Wired, ID, Monocle & Creative Review.
What has she done?
Trained as an anthropologist, Ella has spent the last decade working on communications innovation in international development, media and social policy. Recently,
- in South Asia, she has been advising donors and government on strategic communications, behaviour change and advocacy networks.
- in the UK, she has been building innovation platforms with the communications industries.
- in Afghanistan, she has written a feature-length screenplay.
Ask Ella About...
- Understanding audiences
- Pitching (ideas not balls- she’s rubbish at pitching the latter)
- Synthesising information
- The writing process
- Working in conflict zones
- Building networks
- South Asia
- The Westcountry